Frequently Asked Questions
Men interested in applying for formation in the seminary, for eventual ordination as a priest or as a permanent deacon, should first contact the Archdiocese of Cincinnati Vocations Office or the Archdiocese of Cincinnati Office of the Permanent Diaconate.
To be considered for admission to any of the School of Theology Certificate, Graduate Certificate, or Master of Arts programs, applicants must submit each of the following:
- the School of Theology Application
- $30 Application Fee
- two letters of recommendation
- prior college transcripts, if any
- applicants without a bachelor’s degree and a 3.0 GPA are typically not eligible for admission to School of Theology graduate programs; however, the Certificate in Catholic Theology and the Certificate in Pastoral Ministry minimally require a high school diploma or GED
Those applying for admission to ministerial programs – the Certificate in Pastoral Ministry, the Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Ministry, or the Master of Arts, Pastoral Ministry (MAPM) – must also complete the following:
- interview with the Director of Lay Ecclesial Formation
- submission of a spiritual autobiography
- submission of the School of Theology Application Supplement for Lay Ecclesial Formation
- recommendation of canonical pastor
- MBTI assessment ($150)
You should have received an email from Populi with a link to continue your saved application. If you did not receive this email or have trouble locating it, contact the Registrar.
The Admissions & Degrees Committee meets to review submitted applications a few times each year. Applicants will be notified of admissions decisions after the Admissions & Degrees Committee reviews and votes on each application.