Frequently Asked Questions
Men interested in applying for formation in the seminary, for eventual ordination as a priest or as a permanent deacon, should first contact the Archdiocese of Cincinnati Vocations Office or the Archdiocese of Cincinnati Office of the Permanent Diaconate.
To be considered for general admission to the School of Theology, applicants must submit each of the following:
- the School of Theology Application – $0 application fee!
- use the Academic Programs application for Certificate in Catholic Theology, Graduate Certificate in Catholic Theology, Master of Arts in Biblical Studies, Master of Arts in Catholic Studies, and Master of Arts in Theology
- use the Formation Programs application for Certificate in Pastoral Ministry, Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Ministry, and Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry
- prior college transcripts, if any
- send official copies to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the Office of Admissions
- 3.0 cumulative GPA required for admission to School of Theology Graduate Programs
- High School Diploma or GED required for School of Theology Certificate Programs
- letters of recommendation (optional)
Lay Ecclesial Formation
Those applying for admission to formation programs – the Certificate in Pastoral Ministry, the Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Ministry, or the Master of Arts, Pastoral Ministry (MAPM) – must also complete the following:
- interview with the Director of Lay Ecclesial Formation
- submission of a spiritual autobiography
- recommendation of canonical pastor
- MBTI assessment ($150)
You should have received an email from Populi with a link to continue your saved application. If you did not receive this email or have trouble locating it, contact the Registrar.
The Admissions & Degrees Committee meets to review submitted applications a few times each year. Applicants will be notified of admissions decisions after the Admissions & Degrees Committee reviews and votes on each application.