How to Apply
Mount St. Mary’s Seminary
Men interested in applying for formation in the seminary for eventual ordination should first contact the respective offices for their local dioceses. See the Admissions homepage for more information.
School of Theology
To be considered for general admission to the School of Theology, applicants must submit each of the following:
- the School of Theology Application – $0 application fee!
- use the Academic Programs application for Certificate in Catholic Theology, Graduate Certificate in Catholic Theology, Master of Arts in Biblical Studies, Master of Arts in Catholic Studies, and Master of Arts in Theology
- use the Pastoral Ministry Programs application for Certificate in Pastoral Ministry, Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Ministry, and Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry
- prior college transcripts, if any
- send official copies to email@example.com or mail to the Office of Admissions
- 3.0 cumulative GPA required for admission to School of Theology Graduate Programs
- High School Diploma or GED required for School of Theology Certificate Programs
Lay Ecclesial Formation
Those applying for admission to formation programs – the Certificate in Pastoral Ministry, the Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Ministry, or the Master of Arts, Pastoral Ministry (MAPM) – must also complete the following:
- interview with the Dean of the School of Theology
- submission of a spiritual autobiography
- recommendation of canonical pastor
- MBTI assessment ($150)
Admissions should be submitted to the Office of Admissions by the final day of Open Registration for the upcoming semester. The Admissions and Degrees Committee votes on the admission of prospective students only after all application materials have been received.
Admissions Priority Deadline to secure classes and financial aid:
Admission to the School of Theology is on a “rolling” basis. However, there is a priority deadline of June 1st for the Fall Semester and November 1st for the Spring Semester. Applications after the priority deadline will be considered for admission according to the number of spaces available for the semester for which they are applying. The Office of Admissions will review applications upon receipt of all required documents.
- New Fall students: June 1st
- New Spring students: November 1st
Newly admitted students (both Fall and Spring) will be invited to attend the School of Theology Orientation which takes place on campus each August.
To learn more, please review our Catalog.