The Athenaeum of Ohio/Mount St. Mary’s Seminary is the center for ecclesial formation sponsored by the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Our mission is to form men and women to faithfully follow Christ and serve His mission by fulfilling their vocations in the Church. The Athenaeum of Ohio is a growing, vibrant organization with nearly 100 seminarians from seven different dioceses and several orders and many more men and women working towards graduate degrees and certificates.
We seek a highly-skilled communications professional to lead the flow of information between the Athenaeum of Ohio/Mount St. Mary’s Seminary and the public. The Communications & Marketing Specialist must be a technically savvy problem solver who plans and executes marketing strategies for the entire organization; creates a variety of print and other materials; and manages the organization’s website and social media presence. The position reports to the Vice President for Development and Relations.
- Plan and implement the organization’s marketing and communications strategy.
- Create all promotional materials for the institution.
- Create and direct the organization’s social media and online presence.
- Write, edit and design and in some cases publish content for both print and online including the organization’s magazine, website, brochures and other materials.
- Manage and direct the work of creative talent as needed.
- Assist in the planning, executing and marketing of all events.
- Serve as an evangelist for the mission utilizing all communications channels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a marketing or communications position, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience planning and managing all social media accounts and website digital presence required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress and various design software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc).
- Commitment to the mission and message of the Catholic Church and the ability to communicate it clearly and effectively.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Please send a cover letter, resume and links to sample work to email@example.com before May 29, 2020. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. The Athenaeum of Ohio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount St. Mary’s Seminary is seeking a full-time Executive Administrative Assistant to the Deans of the Seminary and School of Theology.
- Provide administrative support to the Deans of the Seminary and School of Theology
- Process incoming calls and messages for the School of Theology/Deans’ Offices
- Administrative duties such as typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Assist with recruiting and admissions: communicate with prospective students, answer questions about degree programs, receive and collate admissions applications and documentation
- Process and distribute communications, including correspondence, meeting agendas, and minutes from deans to committees, board members, faculty, and students
- Assist with marketing efforts and other offices as needed
Necessary Skills & Experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills
- Office and computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Organization and analysis of information; able to manage several tasks at once
- Attention to detail
- Professionalism and hospitality in person, on the phone, with email
- Confidentiality and discretion
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in secretarial/administrative assistance roles
- Courses, certificates, or online training in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in higher education or with Student Information Systems/Learning Management Systems or other database software a plus
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 12, 2020. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.