Working at MTSM
Mount Saint Mary’s Seminary & School of Theology (MTSM) seeks a full-time, experienced Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will assist the President & Rector of the institution with planning, organizing, staffing and development and control of the fiscal affairs of MTSM.
The position requires graduation from an accredited college or university, with a degree in accounting, business administration or a related field. CPA is desirable. Minimum of five years of professional experience in finance and auditing with knowledge of non-profit accounting.
President & Rector of Mount Saint Mary’s Seminary & School of Theology
Areas of Responsibility
- Prepares and monitors the Mount St. Mary’s & School of Theology annual operating budget.
- Prepares quarterly reports for the Mount St. Mary’s Seminary & School of Theology Board of Trustees Finance Committee and the Board of Trustees.
- Reconciles monthly general ledger contribution accounts and capital campaign pledges and balances with Development Office personnel and database reports.
- Works with President to ensure accurate forecasting and reporting of revenue, expenditures and year end balances.
- Supervises bookkeeper and serves as internal auditor.
- Prepares audit work papers and accompanying account analysis for external auditors. Prepares the annual financial statements in collaboration with the external auditors.
- Acts as liaison with external auditors to coordinate the annual audit work.
- Reviews the monthly financial statements for internal departments and divisions.
- Review Payroll reports for accuracy and reporting.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations of all MTSM bank accounts and general ledger journal entries.
- Prepares financial reports for various educational and/or governmental agencies including Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
- Review and monitor the Endowment investment accounts and serves as liaison between Trustee, Investment Advisor and Investment Managers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Familiarity with accounting software (Passport, Quickbooks, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to effectively manage work flow and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written
Competitive salary and benefits structure.
Submit resume to Martin Dorsey at email@example.com.