Working at MTSM
Mount St. Mary’s Seminary & School of Theology is looking to immediately hire a full-time cook to join our dietary team. This job is a great fit for anyone who has previous experience cooking. ServSafe Certification is a plus.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Cook
REPORT TO: Food Service Manager
WORKING HOURS: 8 hours, 9 am – 5:30 pm or noon – 8:30 pm
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF THE POSITION: To prepare meals including hot and cold food items as well as desserts for our residents, students, staff and outside events.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Must have previous experience in cooking
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must have a professional attitude
- Must be able to follow proper food safety and sanitation procedures
- Must have experience with following recipes and cooking procedures to ensure quality products are served
- Must be flexible when necessary
- Must be able to keep the kitchen and Refectory clean and organized
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner entrees depending on shift worked
- Help prepare salad bar and dessert prep as assigned
- Help monitor salad bar and food lines
- Help with breakdown of food line and dish clean up as needed
- Help clean and wipe down kitchen and dining area
- Help ensure kitchen is closed properly and ready to go the next day
Salary and Benefits are competitive
Please send resume to Martin Dorsey at email@example.com
STATUS: Full time non exempt
REPORT TO: Maintenance Supervisor
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF THE POSITION: To provide housekeeping and custodial services to resident priests, guest rooms, offices and various areas within the building.
SKILLS KOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must have the ability to present a pleasant, welcoming manner.
- Must have knowledge of cleaning and laundering.
- Must be trustworthy and honest
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentially.
- Must be able to take initiative to do what needs to be done.
- Must have the ability to safely work with cleaning chemicals, and laundering supplies and equipment.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Resident Priest’s apartments
- Cleaning of assigned classrooms
- Cleaning of assigned meeting rooms
- Cleaning of assigned guest rooms
- Cleaning of the library
- Cleaning in the chapel and sacristies and related areas
- Cleaning of assigned restrooms
- Laundry of resident priests
- Laundry of guest rooms ( sheets, towels, linens )
- Laundry of student sheets and pillow cases
- Laundry and pressing as needed from the kitchen
- Laundry and pressing of albs and liturgical linens
- Window cleaning
- Exposure to household and commercial cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperature ranges in the laundry room.
- Normal scheduled working hours
- Schedule changes or additional hours may be required
Please send resume to Martin Dorsey at firstname.lastname@example.org.