Response to COVID-1903.12.20
As a precaution against the spread of COVID-19 and to follow recommendations from state and local health authorities, the Athenaeum of Ohio/Mount St. Mary’s Seminary will be closed to the public until Monday, April 20.
The seminarians living at Mount St. Mary’s will be returning to their home communities. They will continue both the academic and formational components of their preparation for the priesthood through distance learning and other media.
- The Eugene H. Maly Memorial Library is closed to the public until Monday, April 20.
- In-person classes for Lay Pastoral and Special Studies students at the main campus and satellite campuses will be canceled starting Saturday, March 14 until Monday, April 20. Students will receive remote instruction during this time.
- The Solemn Passiontide Vespers and Concert of Sacred Music on Sunday, March 29 at 7 p.m. is canceled.
- The Eastertide Choral Mass for Divine Mercy Sunday on Sunday, April 19 at 7 p.m. is canceled.
- The Bishop Fenwick Society Archbishop’s Dinner on Friday, May 1 at 6:30 p.m. is canceled.
- Graduation at the Athenaeum of Ohio on Sunday, May 10 at 3 p.m. is canceled.
Click here for more suggestions and information about the coronavirus from the CDC.
The Athenaeum of Ohio/Mount St. Mary’s Seminary has been, and will continue to, monitor news concerning the coronavirus. The seminary, along with the Archdiocese of Cincinnati are preparing for any potential impact, and will follow any recommendations from local, state and federal officials. This page will continue to be updated with new information once it is available.