Certificate in Catholic Theology
The Certificate in Catholic Theology is a non-accredited program designed to introduce the scriptural and theological foundations of the Catholic Faith. This certificate provides a basic summary of the subjects of Scripture, Church History, Moral Theology, Doctrine, and more, and is intended for those who desire to enrich their basic knowledge of the Catholic Faith, without anticipating any formal work or ministry in a parish setting.
Prospective students should possess either a high school diploma or GED. Applicants must submit the School of Theology Application, the $30 application fee, two letters of recommendation, and official transcripts from any prior college course work.
The Certificate in Catholic Theology requires 16 credit hours of course work (detailed below). The program can be completed in two years.
Course of Study: 16 credit hours
- B 101 Introduction to the Old Testament (2 credits)
- B 201 Introduction to the New Testament (2 credits)
- H 370 Introduction to Church History (2 credits)
- LS 412 Sacramental Theology (2 credits)
- M 300 Introduction to Moral Theology (2 credits)
- S 300 Catechism of the Catholic Church (1 credit)
- S 341 Basic Doctrine (2 credits)
- S 360 Christology (2 credits)
- S 411 Ecclesiology (1 credit)
Want to learn more?
Submit an inquiry form and have a representative contact you!