Graduate Certificate in Catholic Theology
The Graduate Certificate in Catholic Theology is a graduate program designed to introduce the scriptural and theological foundations of the Catholic Faith. A 4-year undergraduate college degree is required for admission.
This certificate includes 19 credits of graduate course work, including Scripture, Church History, Philosophy, Moral Theology, and Systematic Theology. Students may complete this certificate in two years. Graduate Certificates can also be applied toward the completion of a Master of Arts degree program in the School of Theology.
Prospective students should possess a 4-year undergraduate degree. Applicants must submit the School of Theology Application, the $30 application fee, two letters of recommendation, and official transcripts from any prior college course work.
The Graduate Certificate in Catholic Theology requires 19 credit hours of course work (detailed below). The program can be completed in two years.
Course of Study: 19 credit hours
- B 501 Old Testament Scriptures (2 credits)
- B 601 New Testament Scriptures (2 credits)
- H 570 Church History: Key Issues and Eras (2 credits)
- LS 6120 Sacramental Theology (2 credits)
- M 5000 Fundamental Moral Theology (2 credits)
- PH 510 Philosophy for Theological Studies (2 credits)
- S 541 Fundamental Dogma (3 credits)
- S 5600 Christology (2 credits)
- S 6110 Ecclesiology (2 credits)
Want to learn more?
Submit an inquiry form and have a representative contact you!