Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry
The MAPM provides a core of theological courses along with a strong emphasis in pastoral studies. Students participate in formation components designed for personal, ministerial and spiritual growth integrating theology and practice. The MAPM also fulfills the prerequisites for men applying to the permanent diaconate.
Admission to the MAPM requires an earned bachelor’s degree.
Prospective students should submit the School of Theology Application, the $30 application fee, two letters of recommendation, and official transcripts from any prior college course work. Applicants must possess an earned baccalaureate degree with a 3.0 average. An interview with the Director of Lay Ecclesial Formation is also required.
The MAPM requires 33 credit hours of graduate course work, mentoring, supervised Field Education, Theological Reflection and a Capstone Project. Students may complete the MAPM in three years.
Course of Study: 33 credit hours
- Biblical Studies: 4 credit hours
- B 501 Old Testament (2 credits)
- B 502 New Testament (2 credits)
- Church History: 2 credit hours
- H 570 Church History (2 credits)
- Moral Theology: 5 credit hours
- MT 5000 Fundamental Moral Theology (2 credits)
- MT 6000 Catholic Social Doctrine (2 credits)
- MT 650 Contemporary Issues in Moral Theology (1 credit)
- Systematic Theology: 10 credit hours
- LS 6120 Sacramental Theology (2 credits)
- S 560 Christology (2 credits)
- S 6110 Ecclesiology (2 credits)
- S 613 Ecclesiology of the Domestic Church (1 credit)
- S 614 Foundations of Lay Ecclesial Ministry (2 credits)
- S 615 Evangelization and Mission for Pastoral Ministers (1 credit)
- Pastoral and Professional Studies: 11 credit hours
- P 701 Using Scripture in Parish Ministry (1 credit)
- P 702 Praying with Scripture for Pastoral Ministers (1 credit)
- P 716 RCIA and Sacramental Preparation (1 credit)
- P 715 Catechesis: Vision, Content, and Methods (2 credits)
- P 741 The Art of Effective Communication (1 credit)
- P 742 Communication in the Digital World (1 credit)
- P 745 Principles of Leadership for Lay Ecclesial Ministers (2 credits)
- P 798 Capstone I (1 credit)
- P 799 Capstone II (1 credit)
- LPA 400 Theological Foundations of Apostolic Service (1 credit)
- LPF 500 Field Education (100 hours)
- LPM 501-506 Graduate Mentor 1-6 (60 hours total)
Want to learn more?
Submit an inquiry form and have a representative contact you!